The dish rack is designed for the modern life and made from a sustainable, instant drying material that eliminates bacteria
Dorai Home, a local startup that creates chic and eco-friendly products that dry themselves, is launching the second Kickstarter campaign on May 14, 2019. Built upon the enthusiasm of their first campaign for the ‘World’s Driest Bath Mat’, the Dorai team introduced the first dish rack and dish drying pad to use their innovative ‘Diomat’ material that dries instantly, eliminating mold and bacteria. The new products fit well into a brand built around thoughtfully designed solutions that utilize the numerous benefits of organic diatomaceous earth for cleaner, drier homes. Both the dish rack and dish pad are patent pending, complementing the innovative patented Dorai Bath Mat with cover.
Company CEO Kelsey O’Callaghan commented that, “While the rest of the kitchen has evolved, there’s been very little improvement to dish racks since the 1950’s. We’re thrilled to introduce new products that demonstrate our team’s innovative design and engineering capabilities. We’ve been using the rack and pad in our home and it’s such a better experience to what’s out there, once people try it there’s no going back.”
Both the dish rack and dish pad integrate sustainable, antimicrobial diatomaceous earth (DE) or fossilized algae. When the material gets wet, moisture is dispersed through thousands of pores within the compressed compound, enabling rapid evaporation. In contrast to a fabric dish pad or plastic dish rack that allow water to pool, creating a breeding ground for mold and bacteria to flourish. In its powdered form DE can be used in many helpful ways: as a natural insect killer, in toothpaste, beverage filters, etc. After nearly a year of design, engineering, prototyping and testing, the team is excited to launch the Dorai Dish Drying System on Kickstarter on Tuesday, May 14. Given the positive reviews from previous backers, Dorai hopes to have another successful campaign and ship the product out before Christmas of 2019.
What sets this apart:
● The base instantly dries water upon contact, eliminating an environment conducive to mold and bacteria.This attribute of the material yields a naturally safe pesticide for homes with zero chemicals required.
● The dish rack features a built in cutting board holder with open space to accommodate frequently used pots, pans and bowls.
● The durable aluminum rack securely holds ‘add-on’ accessories on the side rails that can be customized to fit one’s dish drying needs. Add-on accessories include: knife holder, utensil cage and glass/bottle hooks accommodating individual lifestyles.
● The dish drying pad is encased in high-quality silicone to help elevate dishes, promoting faster drying and never requires washing.
● Both the dish rack and dish pad can be folded to allow for easier storing when not in use.
The Dorai team is ready to expand their line of products from bathroom to kitchen, helping to cultivate healthier homes, naturally. Co-founder Jason Klug has been leading the engineering efforts furthering the brand’s vision to eliminate unwanted moisture in every home with eco-chic design and sustainable technology. Follow the Dorai Home journey by backing the first mold-free dish drying system on Kickstarter. You can discover the product and sign up for early access here. This product became available for pre-order on Kickstarter May 14, 2019.